"Uplinking" to packet?

Subject: "Uplinking" to packet?
From: 72407.1262@CompuServe.COM (Rich K2WR)
Date: Wed Mar 10 23:42:58 1993
If this mail reflector is routinely "uplinked" to packet, it seems
to me that the responsibility for determining propriety rests solely
with the station doing the "uplinking".
Actually, I'm not happy to hear about this anyway. When I want to
communicate over packet, I can do that too. On the rare occasion that
a message on this reflector contains bulletin-type information I see
nothing wrong with someone refiling onto packet to maximize the
distribution, but I doubt that most of the subscribers to the
mail reflector intended their conversations to show up on the
packet network indiscriminately as a matter of course.
What do YOU think, Trey?

de Rich K2WR