Visalia report

Subject: Visalia report
From: GARLOUGH@TGV.COM (Trey Garlough)
Date: Mon Apr 19 14:12:23 1993
I drove down to the DX gathering in Visalia this weekend and it was
worth the trip.  Lotsa interesting folks to talk to and a few
interesting presentations.  I didn't go to the DX Forum except for
the part where W6QHS talked about the future of DXing and that was
interesting.  The Contest Forum was brilliant again this year, with
N6TV moderating a "McLaughlin Group" format panel discussion featuring
K7SS, N6AA, K3ZO and N6TJ.  The banter between N6AA and N6TJ was quite
amusing, as always.

Sunday morning's brunch buffet deal featured a brilliant gag dreamed
up by some of the NCDXF folks at the expense of W6RJ, who was a very
sporting victim.  Following was the "what the SCCC boys did this
year" featuring slides of ZD8Z, D44BC, A61AC, HC8A/HC8N, EA9LZ and
CE0Y, which was interesting (IMHO) as always.

K8CC and W8UA came from Michigan to San Diego in advance, visited a
zillion people, rode up to Visalia with some friends, then drove up
to the Bay Area afterwards and will no doubt visit a zillion people.
I think they are having a good time.  This is the hip way to do things
if you are visiting from out of state.