Beverage Ant Good for Tx?

Subject: Beverage Ant Good for Tx?
From: popyackl@ers.rl.af.mil (Leonard J Popyack, Jr.)
Date: Wed Aug 31 10:17:38 1994
Got a ? Is a Beverage antenna good for transmitting?  I know they are FB
for Rx.  Thanks.

Len Popyack WF2V
popyackl@rl.af.mil

From: sellington" <sellington@mail.ssec.wisc.edu (sellington)
Subject: 80 Meter Contest Antenna

> reflector (wires
>3 & 4) from stainless steel cable.

This is likely to be a problem, due to the high resistance of steel.
Calculate the RF (NOT DC!) resistance of the steel wire, insert a bunch
of equivalent loads in the ELNEC model, and I'll bet you will see a large
degradation.

Scott  K9MA