AE6Y CQP score

Subject: AE6Y CQP score
From: AE6Y@aol.com (AE6Y@aol.com)
Date: Sat Oct 8 00:29:55 1994
This is my third posting, since the first two for some reason were rejected
by Trey's postmaster (not enough postage?).  Since I'm all in favor of
individual score postings, here goes:
AE6Y hi power, single-op,
band       cw    phone
80          124    105
40          111      47
20          249    692
15            85    265
10              1       8
tot          570   1117      = 1687 q's times 58 mults = 228, 752 pts.

Rig: ts950sdx, tentec Titan, 4 el Force 12's for 20-10 at about 50'. inverted
vees for 40/80.

Soapbox:  Had a great time.  first time I've ever been able to run neck and
neck with N6TV  (till he graciously left SCLA and went to YOLO county with
N6BT saturday nite). Clearly, I need to get a 40 m. beam (N6BT has a nice one
that puts two shortened 40m elements on my 30' boom with the 4 20 m
elements), plus gotta get on 160 for those two dozen or so q's.
   Most fun was using my homebrew windows logging program (for cqp/ss/wpx
only).  In the week before the contest I became inspired to add a dvk
facility that reads back .WAV files recorded through the soundblaster card
and sends them to the phone patch input on the rig. The day before the
contest I integrated this into the main program so that the fct keys sent
essentially the same messages on cw and phone.  Also had it send exchanges.
 The advantage with the soundblaster card is flexibility, and the ability to
edit your recordings (eg, delete pauses, increase volume, alter tone, etc).
 Plus, the fidelity is excellent.  I'm going to keep working on this, since I
see it  clearly as the wave (or should I say .WAV?) of the future in dvk's.
  Thanks to all for the qso's, as well as to the roughly 100 noncontesters
who gave me QSO number 1 in the contest.
73, andy, ae6y@aol.com