Tennessee Contest Group (TCG) Scores/CW Sprint

Subject: Tennessee Contest Group (TCG) Scores/CW Sprint
From: SPECK@UANSV3.Vanderbilt.Edu (SPECK@UANSV3.Vanderbilt.Edu)
Date: Wed Feb 15 11:00:49 1995
N4ZZ   234-44-10,296
K4AMC  232-42-9744
K0EJ   207-43-8901 (LP)
WA6KUI 153-41-6273 (LP)
WR3O   136-35-4760 (1st SPRINT!!!)
W9WI    97-29-2910 (LP-2 HRS)
------------------
            42,884

First TCG try at Sprint. Tennessee should have been plentiful. 20 was slow at
the start, almost pure western US (man was N2IC loud on 20!). Did get a
smattering of other stuff later in the first hour but weak. 40 went long pretty
soon after moving there. Tried earlier but not enuff activity.  Tried to go to
80 early but again not enuff activity. Need that second radio! Felt like we were
playing into the West Coast Game Plan (great score Tree!!).

K0EJ breakdown follows:

       80   40   20
UTC    CW   CW   CW  rate total
-------------------------------
00Z     0    0   53    53    53
01Z     0   50    9    59   112
02Z    17   24    1    42   154
03Z    53    0    0    53   207
tot    70   74   63   ---   207
Ran TS-930 to TH7 at 65', INV Vee for 40/80. I have 3el Hygain 40 mtr beam at
55' but seemed like it was always pointed at the wrong direction so spent quite
a bit of time using the wire. (I checked, it points in the direction the rotor
box says, I've been wondering abt that F/B!! Guess I need more tower!) First
time I ever really enjoyed the Sprint-must be because I broke 200 Qs with low
power.
                                73, Mark K0EJ