KA9FOX in TG / More on antennas

Subject: KA9FOX in TG / More on antennas
From: KA9FOX@aol.com (KA9FOX@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 11:37:32 1995
My little DX announcement and then an antenna question:

First, I will be a single op entry in the ARRL DX SSB contest March 4-5 from
Guatemala.  I'll use the call TG0AA or TG0DX.  Before & after the contest,
I'll operate as TG/KA9FOX from TG9AJR's QTH.

ANTENNA STUFF:
I was to operate from QTH of TG9GI, but that didn't work out.  TG9AJR has
found me a building in the mountains to operate from, and is working on
putting up a temporary 50 ft. tower there.  WB2K sold me his A3S with 40m
add-on kit.  I received many replies telling me that there are better
antennas, but the price was right and he has modified the antenna so it ships
in 4ft PVC tubes.  Perfect!

Last weekend W0AIH made me a simple 160m/80m fan dipole that I will install
as an inverted Vee off the 50ft tower.  As I have learned by many of the
replies I received, this antenna may not work well, especially for 160m.  A
few people suggested buying an HF2V + 160m kit.  K1VR also suggested a
"raised" HF2V.

My questions:  Anybody have experiences with the HF2V + 160m kit that they'd
like to share with me?  Anybody have one they want to sell?  :-)

Reply directly to me and I can send summaries to anyone that wants one.  I
didn't get a chance to acknowledge all the replies I received from my last
question, but THANKS to you all!

Adios!

Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox@aol.com