egg insulators

Subject: egg insulators
From: bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com (bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com)
Date: Tue Sep 12 11:28:35 1995

 Al> Does Anybody Know the magical length for spacing egg insulators along
 Al> ur guy lines?

 Al> Tnx  AL7CQ  Lloyd

>From the ARRL Antenna Book:

       <15.0'
        27.5'
        39.5'  --|--widest nonresonant ranges
        58.0'  --|
        76.0'

Of course there are also longer lengths but these are the ones I have used
in building my Contest station.

Note that even nonresonant lengths can seriously detune a nearby antenna
which is why I'm replacing half of each guy on my tower with fiber rod.
To find out how your guys may affect your antennas try one of the various
antenna modeling programs (ELNEC, AO etc.) or use K6STIs GUY.EXE utility.

73 Bill
N6CQ@paonline.com