FW: RE: Q on Multi Radio Beverages ?

Subject: FW: RE: Q on Multi Radio Beverages ?
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (frenaye@pcnet.com)
Date: Fri Sep 22 19:56:52 1995
---------------Original Message---------------

We've been using a Y-cable to split the Beverage antennas to two radios here
for the last two years, except for the two times we've borrowed an expensive
looking splitter from a commercial lab.

Several operators gave me the evil eye about the Y-cable because one radio
may grab more signal than the other (note my technical expertise here).
Anyhow, K5FUV pointed me towards Mini-Circuits (13 Neptune Avenue, Brooklyn
NY 11235  718-934-4500).  They are clearly better prepared to deal with
corporate customers and big orders but seemed happy to handle my small order
using a credit card.  Ask for a catolog, they have other interesting stuff.

I ordered a couple of two port splitters (3db loss on each port) and one
three port splitter (4.8db).  They come in very small packages either in a
box or without one (with box they are in the $50 range).

PSC-2-1   2-port  0.1-400 MHz   20-25db isolation    $10.95   needs box
PSC-3-1   3-port  1.0-200 MHz   40-45db isolation    $23.95   needs box

Size: .75 x .38 x .20 inches

Just buy a cheapo Radio Shack box and some connectors of your favorite
variety.   And, with a new (second) Beverage field (of dreams) I may even
have to try using one as a combiner instead of splitter.

73 Tom

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093
Phone: 203-668-5444