Big LPA's and Guy Insulators

Subject: Big LPA's and Guy Insulators
From: EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM (EDWOODS@PACTIME1.SDCRC.PacBell.COM)
Date: Thu Feb 15 16:46:16 1996
Anyone out there have experience with 6-30 Mhz LPA's and tower guy wire
lengths?  We are putting up a big Hygain LPA on a 30' tower mounted on
top of a 30' high building for emergency comm. use.  (wonder who
suggested the LPA??).

We'll be using a guyed tower, so thoughts of guy interaction came to
mind.  I guess I can use the old handbook numbers for the ham bands
(lengths between insulators) and hope that the emergency frequencies are
close.

I've never ordered a $5000 rotator before.  This is fun!

The whole system should probably be checked out in a contest of some
kind.  Hee hee.

Eric, NV6O
edwoods@pacbell.com