Headsets

Subject: Headsets
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Mon Aug 12 23:22:31 1996
Steve Sacco KC2X writes:

>Has anyone ever looked at using aviation headphones for CONTEST use?

Yep - N5CR used to bring a pair to N5AU.

They do block out noise quite well but I never could wear them
for more then a few minutes becasue they were so tight
it felt if my head was in a vice.

I used to make my own headsets from AKG headphones and Heil
boom mikes.  The current Heil proset works very well - I see
no point in building headsets any longer.

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.   Sun spots?  I don't need no stinkin' sunspots!