[CQ-Contest] Signing portable

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Signing portable
From: kiddi@marel.is (Kristinn Andersen)
Date: Thu Feb 27 11:32:11 1997
During the first part of my graduate school years in
the U.S. (Nashville, TN), I was granted a reciprocal
license from FCC as W4/TF3KX - not the other way
around.  The Icelandic licensing authorities grant
foreign operators here licensing in the same way, e.g.
TF/W1ABC.  In these two cases the ham has no choice,
the government authorities stipulate the call and
anything else is strictly illegal.  I would think
the same applies to other places.

Now, some years ago the portable calls were the other way
around and then I would have signed TF3KX/W4.  Personally, I
like that better and think this is more logical and in
line with other "portable" designations, such as
TF3KX/P, TF3KX/MM, etc.

But - these decisions are made by the bureaucrats
who run government, not the kind who run the QSL bureaus.

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX, W4/TF3KX, AB4ST