[CQ-Contest] Humor (Empty the DVK)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Humor (Empty the DVK)
From: W3CF@aol.com (W3CF@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jun 21 18:25:39 1997
I shared this with the locals on packet and they seemed to enjoy it..

Me : with shiney new 1 X 2  answering rare DX on lower end of 20.
        DVK   F-4 Key   (was not listening to the output)

DX : Thank you QRZ

Me: F4

DX: ending LIMA FI NI

Me: Silence (no Lima here)

DX: Ending LIMA FIVE NINE...OVER

Me: Silence (DUH)

DX: QRZ CALLSIGN

Me: F4

DX: NOVEMBER THREE ALPHA DELTA LIMA   FIVE NINE OVER OVER

ME: Trying to figure out who in the hell is bootlegging my OLD call. Then it
suddenly dawns on me whats happening and I calmly hit F2 (DVK EXCHANGE) and
sheepishly spin the dial. I hadn't reprogrammed the DVK with the new call
since the last contest. For a split second there it was Twilight Zone time...

73 de Doug W3CF   (ex N3ADL)
www.frc-contest.org