[CQ-Contest] Plaque Arrives..Not CQ's of course

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Plaque Arrives..Not CQ's of course
From: rickday@IDT.NET (Rick Davenport)
Date: Thu Oct 2 13:23:02 1997
I came home from work today and found a package from the ARRL on my
doorstep. Inside, a beautiful shiny new plaque from the 1997 ARRL CW
contest. A job well done to Billy Lunt and crew for always getting these
out in a timely fashion. Perhaps the ARRL should consider sponsoring a
second DX contest sometime in the fall (October/November or both) as
well as the in the spring.

        Thanks to Rich Hallman/N7TR for sponsoring the plaque again this
year.

        I am still anxious to receive all my past due CQ plaques, I bet
they
will smell fresh cut when they arrive, I understand that they are made
from custom grown trees at CQ's tree farm, and the delay is in growing
them.

73..Rick/KI1G