[CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Contest Results

Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL 10 Meter Contest Results
From: frenaye@pcnet.com (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Tue Jun 16 19:47:17 1998

--- On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 03:53:09 -0500 (CDT)  Ray Rocker
<rocker@datasync.com> wrote:

>We (K5MDX) were one of the lucky ones -- our score made it into the
>results. I uploaded the log via ftp and did not get a receipt.
>Go figure.
>
>Perhaps ftp is the way to do it. I've had several SS logs lost by ARRL
>after sending them via e-mail, so I've long abandoned that method
>of log submission to them. In fact I voiced my criticism in this
>forum last year -- almost to the day, if anyone cares to check the
>archive -- and caught quite a bit of flack for doing so.
>
>FWIW, they've not lost a single log of mine since I started using ftp.
>ftp makes more sense from a technical point of view anyway.

        Using FTP works nice for sending logs but doesn't provide
        the sponsor with your e-mail address.  Even if you include
        it on the cover page it may not be looked at for several
        weeks or longer.  If you use FTP, always send a separate e-mail
        message asking for confirmation that the file was received.
        The sponsor can then easily reply to you.

                        73 Tom

E-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444