[CQ-Contest] SO2R advice

Subject: [CQ-Contest] SO2R advice
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sun Aug 9 13:54:27 1998
Greetings all:
The WAE CW this weekend was my first attempt at SO2R,
although somewhat limited as there's a rule requiring staying on a
band for 15 mins except for a new mult excursion. This gave me
some opportunity early in the test, or first time on the band, but
otherwise, not much.

In the early contest, I had runs of 120+/hr and had a heck of a time
trying to copy anything on the second radio (this contest had a
serial number to copy - not an "exchangeless" contest like WW). It
sorta reminded me of K3WW's talk on "single-op distracted" a few
years ago at Dayton - something to distract you from what you
should be doing.

At what times do you find the second radio fruitful? Do you ignore
it above a certain run rate?
Tnx/Barry
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com