[CQ-Contest] Diversity Reception

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Diversity Reception
From: w9re@worldnet.att.net (Mike Wetzel)
Date: Fri Nov 13 00:30:09 1998
A little late on this note but-

All this talk about diversity reception made me think of a fact that I
discovered by accident that may not be well known.  If you have 2 Icom
transceivers that have a remote jack (interface to CT-17 or whatever) you
can parallel the transceivers by plugging a phone plug (1/8" mono) between
the 2 radios and they will not only track frequencies but also band and
filter selection.  I used this method last night on 160 trying to copy some
Europeans through my powerline noise and using 2 NE beverages.  Seemed to
help somewhat!!

73

Mike, W9RE