[CQ-Contest] Re: MFJ Voice Keyer

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: MFJ Voice Keyer
From: k8cc@ix.netcom.com (David A. Pruett)
Date: Sun Apr 11 00:53:43 1999
Dick,

One thing I found strange was that with my particular MFJ-432, the +5V bias
for the internal mic is also applied to the external mic as well.  I don't
know if this is a problem, but I doubt that Heil headsets are designed to
have DC bias on them at all times.

My solution was to cut out the resistor providing the bias.  This renders
the internal mic useless, but that seemed to be a reasonable tradeoff.

I've never had any problem getting a Heil DXer element (that's the 4,
right?) to drive the MFJ-432 correctly.

73,

Dave/K8CC