[CQ-Contest] WPX Rumination

Subject: [CQ-Contest] WPX Rumination
From: k5iid@wvadventures.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Mon May 31 00:19:05 1999
Doug,
 Although the past few contests I have been semi-QRO (100 watts),
 I add a hearty AMEN to your QRP comments. It's amazing what
you can do when you try. Busting rare pileups running 5 watts to a
tribander or a quad (on first call) is REALLY exhilarating, as I am
sure you are aware.
 The thing is, don't tell these guys...they might get to like it!!
73, Tom K5IID

At 08:55 AM 5/30/99 EDT, you wrote:

>In a message dated 5/29/99 10:12:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>n4zr@contesting.com writes:
>
><< No, I fundamentally quit because WPX is boring.  I don't think it's
> anything more than an exercise in run technique. >>
>
>AHA!  Another candidate for QRP!  Take it from me, you will have a tough
time
>making a good score if you only "RUN" while QRP.  This past SSB WPX, I
>(again) tried to "run" and actually was able to work TWELVE stations by
>CQ'ing (rate about 30/hour).  THAT is not only not fun, but won't get you
>into the (no pun intended) running.
>
>Do QRP and find the thrill of pure S+P and the exhilaration of each qso.
>
>de Doug KR2Qrp
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST@contesting.com

K5IID...in Wild, Wonderful West Virginia