No subject

Subject: No subject
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Tue Jul 27 11:15:59 1999
Hi,

Stewart wrote...

<snip>

> He said 'I'll give you my
> call when I'm ready', and continued to work 'stations with 2 in the call'.
> This technique and arrogant behaviour, is awful in a contest.
> What should I do (once I've established who the guy is)?

No need to establish who the guy is!  I turn my tuning knob and go
right on by.  This is one of the ways to apply "peer pressure" which
is what we hams are supposed to use to "police" ourselves.  I've
never been told "I'll give my call when I'm ready," but if I do, I'll
tell the guy he's not in my log, hit F11, and go on with my contest.

I think a large reduction in number of QSO's and a large number of
penalty points would serve to alter the offender's behavior.

I understand how "failure to identify" can help control pileups, but
even in the worst case, it usually goes:

dx: "QRZ?"
k6gt: "K6GT"
dx: "K6GT, 59 12"
k6gt: thanks. You're 59 3. Your call?