[CQ-Contest] Bandpass filters

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Bandpass filters
From: force12e@lightlink.com (Natan Huffman)
Date: Wed Dec 1 12:28:29 1999
I need to procure bandpass filters for my growing MS station.  Does anyone
have any comments or preferences concerning Dunestar or ICE.  Any other
options out there?

73

Natan W6XR/2

From: J. Allen (Home)" <jallen@ice.polarcom.com (J. Allen (Home))
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WWCW apology to all... VY1JA

Another oops!

In my comment after WW99CW, I mentioned that folks had been crowding me =
and dropping about 200 Hz from a frequency I was running on.  I was in =
badly mistaken.

I found out only yesterday that something has slipped in my Omni-V.  It =
now transmits about 250 Hz. from its receive frequency.  I am convinced =
now, that this was happening during the contest as people were =
consistently calling me far enough off that I had to split to receive =
them well.  I had just attributed this to calling off from the pile, in =
hopes of getting a quick answer. =20

This frequency error means that the folks that I thought were only 200 =
Hz. away, were most likely  500 Hz. away!  That is plenty for me during =
a contest.  So my comments were in error and unwarranted.  I especially =
owe an apology to W7GG, AA7CW and many others, for my comments to them =
on the air.

The same frequency error means that I most likely stepped on MANY =
people, thinking that I was 500 Hz. away when I was right on top of =
them.  If I did this to you please accept my apology as well. =20

Sincerely,

J., VY1JA