[CQ-Contest] Plaque for Multi - Single LOW POWER

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Plaque for Multi - Single LOW POWER
From: w.dillon@ic.ac.uk (Dillon, W)
Date: Thu Mar 9 14:38:50 2000
Hello Wally,

What a generous gesture, I guess that's what Ham Radio is all about!  Good
call Wally, encourage more 'average' (if you'll forgive that term) amateur
ops. to have a go. A plaque for either contest would be really cool (as my
daughter would say), tell you what, if you sponsor one, I'll see if I can
raise the necessary funds for the other, sound good? let me know your
thoughts (and the rough cost!).

I entered the CQWW SSB in October last year, the first 'serious' contest I
have ever entered and I had a blast, operated for a total of 12 hours
(minimum required for a scoring entry) with less than 100 watts into a wire
antenna, made 'only' 200+ qso's but I really enjoyed it, I'll be back, other
commitments permitting!

While I'm here, A big thank you to all the contesters who pulled my signal
out and caused me to have such a good time!

72/3! de Wayne - G0JJQ     G-QRP-5233 (99% QRP operator)      FISTS-0851
ARRL     RSGB