[CQ-Contest] Field day no-coders?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Field day no-coders?
From: pk@ij.net (Paul E. Knupke, Jr.)
Date: Fri Jun 2 10:27:42 2000

> There's little room for debate about what the rules say.  I do think
> that they should be changed, in light of the recent restructuring, add
> no-coders to be eligible to operate this station.

It is quite clear but our local multi-club field day dropped doing a
novice/tech+ station this year because we can't find any novice or tech+
operators now that restructuring has taken place.   Now we know they are out
there but they are not active hams.

If you look at the Novice/Tech+ station rules as applied to Canadian station
it says something like "operated and setup by hams licensed less than one
year."

So replace the Novice/Tech+ station with a "New Ham Station" where all
activities would take place by hams licensed less than one year.

If you think its going to be hard to find novice and tech+ operators this
year, its only going to get worse.   Practically every Tech+ I know has
upgraded by now to General and many to Extra even.   The only Novice I ever
talk to on the air once in a great while is one of the members of our local
club who uses our 220 repeater and he last told me he's going to upgrade to
General.

73
Paul
KR4YL