[CQ-Contest] Fw: RE: Station Upgrades

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: RE: Station Upgrades
From: k7qq@juno.com (Rex J Maner)
Date: Tue Jun 13 07:09:05 2000

Quacks

-I see the suggestion that Quick band changes and auto tune Amps are a
big requirement for  improvements to a contest station.  I've been in
contesting for a few years ,  I use Mono yagi's on all bands and only use
manual switches for band changes  the amp is also manual tune and SO1R.
I never have done well in DX test from the West coast however I have had
some success in SS over the years.
My suggestion is get as many or as good antennas as possible from any QTH
then learn what to expect in propogation from your location.  There are
lots of choices in Rigs to use,  some prefer Kenwood some Yeasu and
others ICOM  ,   Get as much as your comfortable buying then learn to use
it. and Make a chart on for  Quick tuning the amp.
NO contester will win his first contest or  the second, but lots of
practice and time will improve the score of most until Father Time starts
to slow you down.
As  W7RM was heard to say, " Big Signals don't just happen.  "

Usually one can say  Big Antennas  Up  High are best..

K7QQ     Rex    aka: Quack