[CQ-Contest] E-Mail Address for K3NM

Subject: [CQ-Contest] E-Mail Address for K3NM
From: heatwole@clark.net (Nat Heatwole)
Date: Sun Jun 3 20:08:37 2001

Does anyone have an e-mail address for K3NM? I tried the one listed on
Buckmaster (n3mkz@epiz.net) but that doesn't appear to work. If you would,
please respond to me privately to save reflector space. Thanks in advance!

73, Nat, WZ3AR
<heatwole@clark.net>
Damascus, Maryland

From: Ben Coleman" <oloryn@benshome.net (Ben Coleman)
Subject: [CQ-Contest] T/S 2nd radio antenna restrictions

On Mon, 21 May 2001 17:53:15 -0500, Dale L Martin wrote:

 >One feed line from the triband beam.  Single element antennas for use on 40,
 >80 and 160.
 >
 >While it doesn't say you cannot use the single element antennas on the other
 >bands, it does say "entrant shall use only one (1) tribander for 10, 15, 20
 >meters."
 >
 >Isn't using anything else (the wire antennas, for instance) for 10, 15 or 20
 >meters a violation of that portion of the rule?

Would this rule out someone with only wire antennas from entering in
the TS category (the so-called "TS with no T" operation)?  If the
intent is to provide a category for those with limited antennas to
compete in, does it make sense to force those with even less of an
antenna (i.e. no T) to have to compete in categories without the
antenna limitations?

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn@benshome.net      | The attempt to legislatively