[CQ-Contest] Italian power explained - Lirawatts

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Italian power explained - Lirawatts
From: AA4NC@aol.com (AA4NC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Mar 9 10:33:15 2002
The reason everyone is perplexed by the Italian wattages is that they are
omitting the conversion factor. Italians use Lirawatts rather than standard
watts as defined in the MKS system of measure !
The Lirawatt is somewhat hard to define in absolute terms, since to
accurately measure it you have to go "behind the curtain" where access is
rarely granted.
Our researchers at the National Bureau of Standards have indicated that the
Lirawatt is roughly equivalent to 10 to 15 watts as defined by the NBS.

:>)

73,

Will