[CQ-Contest] Monster antennas

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Monster antennas
From: k5zd@charter.net (Randy Thompson, K5ZD)
Date: Fri May 10 14:24:43 2002
You would be better to think about several towers.  The key to HF contesting
success is to have a decent signal on all bands plus some diversity.  The
easiest way to get loud on multiple bands is monobanders.  You can only put
so many on one tower and to gain diversity, it is better to have them on
separate towers with independent rotators.

If you have unlimited money and 3 acres, I would start with something like
this:

140' tower with 3-ele full sized 40 with sidemount stack on 10m
100' tower with 20m stack
100' tower with 15m stack
Wires for everything else.

Notice, it is not the height of the tower but how many of them that counts!
Try to orient them so the antennas are side to side when beaming your most
used direction (i.e. don't make it so one antenna has to beam through
another for a prime direction).

Randy, K5ZD