[CQ-Contest] Hum and stubs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Hum and stubs
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Thu Jul 4 16:11:07 2002
Recently installed a new computer and having an odd problem.
When transmitting with the amp on, I get hum in my computer speakers
(Harman Kardon with a subwoofer and 2 tweeters), but only when my
stubs are switched in, and only on 15m. It's either coming from the
speakers' AC line or the connection between speakers, as the hum is
still there when not connected to the computer. I've tried ferrites on the
audio and AC lines, but that didn't help. Ideas?
Tnx,
Barry--