[CQ-Contest] DX CW Results

Subject: [CQ-Contest] DX CW Results
From: tree@kkn.net (Tree)
Date: Thu Aug 29 09:58:23 2002
Dear Contesters,

As has already been reported - the ARRL DX CW Results have been pulled from
the web site - just one day after being posted.  This is due to a process
problem that was discovered when some of you saw the results.  In short,
none of the duplicate QSOs in the logs were removed - and counted as good
QSOs.

Obviously, this could have an impact to the final standings, so we are
going to fix the problem, recompute the scores and repost the corrected
results as soon as possible (probably later next week).

We apologize for the delay.

The CW results in QST have already been printed.  However, the .PDF version
of QST on the web will be corrected at a later date.  The SSB results will
be fixed before they are published.

This programming error was a result of adding new functionality to the log
checking program to better detect infractions of the band change rule for
multi-one and multi-two entrants.  In the future, we will put a process into
place to do a reality check on the numbers before the results are published.
This should detect this kind of problem in the future.

Tree N6TR
n6tr@arrl.org