[CQ-Contest] Heil headsets and IC-781

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Heil headsets and IC-781
From: k1ir@designet.com (Jim Idelson)
Date: Thu Sep 26 12:26:59 2002
For the past two contest seasons I have been using Heil headsets with an
IC-781. There is often some raspy distortion when listening to ssb sugnals.
This distortion is not present when listening to the speaker, and appears to go
away or reduce considerably when I use a pair of Walkman-type headphones. I
heard the same thing when I plugged the Heils into a friend's IC-781. Anybody
have a similar experience and any suggestions on fixing what seems like a
mismatch problem?

73,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir@designet.com