[CQ-Contest] Headset Mic vs. Boom Mic

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Headset Mic vs. Boom Mic
From: ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca (ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Sep 30 12:10:27 2002
Dennis,

By far, the best option is the headset. A boom mic is just too
constricting.

With a headset, you can lean back, stretch, scratch, do all sorts of things
while speaking that you just can't do with a boom mic.

If you want to be married to the same position for the entire time you're
in the chair, then a boom mic will work. If you'd rather have the
flexibility to move around, choose different seating positions, improve
ergonomics on the fly, you can't beat a headset.

Be sure and give any prospective headset a good test drive, if possible.
Often, the ones that encompass the entire ear get heavy after a short
while. For some, this is a problem and the lighter Pro-Set style headsets
are better. For others, it's not a problem and they prefer the more
noise-cancelling effect of the large ear muffs.

Your mileage will vary according to your preference.

73, kelly
ve4xt