[CQ-Contest] An experiment in Assisted operating

Subject: [CQ-Contest] An experiment in Assisted operating
From: n7df@zianet.com (Larry N7DF)
Date: Sun Jan 26 06:00:46 2003
Since I did not feel up to really operating either of the CQWW contests this
year I decided to do a little experiment with assisted operating.

I simply tried to work as many of the different multipliers that I found on the
DX cluster as I could hear.  I did not call CQ once and only worked stations
that were new multipliers.

In the end I had fewer multipliers than I had when I operated as single
operator unassisted, calling CQ, hunting and pouncing and hunting multipliers
on the second VFO.

This was true on both the CW and SSB contests.  The only benefit was that I
picked up some new band countries.

The conclusion from this was that many of the stations that I count on for
multipliers are not calling CQ themselves but only hunting and pouncing.  I saw
many of these posted on the cluster but, when I tuned to the posted frequency
they were not there any longer.

As for me and my station, we will keep the packet turned off during the
contests.  I will do my own hunting and pouncing, thank you.

73
Larry
N7DF

Remember E equal I times R is not just a good idea.  It is the law!