[CQ-Contest] Categorically Speaking...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Categorically Speaking...
From: frugoli@worldlinkisp.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Wed Feb 5 02:21:12 2003
Any new category does not fix anything.  I think that contest sponsors could
simply include extra data in online score reports, and then us contesters
can filter it how we want to.  Summary sheets already include hours
operated, how about including some general station categories (wires,
tribander/wires, stacked monobanders etc) in the summary.  Then we can
filter results by stations running SO2R unassisted low power with a
tribander and wires for between 22 and 27 hours.  Easy enough to do I would
think, and the only rule change necessary is to include accurate station
data on your summary sheet.

I like Jim, K8MR's thoughts on this issue.  Wouldn't it be possible to get
all the raw log data submitted from a contest sponsor, and then run it
through a different scoring algorithm, thus generating different results?
As long as you use datapoints that are currently included in log
submissions, it would be fairly easy to do.

Just another 24.5 cents worth.

73 de Al, KE1FO