[CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Deliberate QRM - an observation from Svalbard
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri Mar 7 21:19:38 2003
At 12:37 AM 3/8/03 +0100, Ragnar Otterstad wrote:

>During the CW contests the SSB guys should be understanding and during the SSB
>contests the CW guys should do the same.  Since we are gentlemen we should be
>able to flex a little during contests for the beneifit of our
>fellow contesters.
>
>We expect non-contesters to flex for us on the weekends.
>
>Bill K4XS
>

>With respect, I think that is too much to ask for. Many people have only
>weekends available for ham radio.  We as contesters have to be more
>considerate and not let our egos get the better of us.
>Confrontation is not a good idea. IMHO
>
>73

But with rare exceptions (IARU, for example), our contests are single mode
or single band, and none use the WARC bands -- surely there is lots of
contest-free spectrum on almost every weekend.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database was updated 23 Feb 03.
Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm