[CQ-Contest] Packet - THE solution

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Packet - THE solution
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Mon Jun 2 22:16:38 2003
K3WW has beat the SO/(supposedly) no packet guys on occasion, but
usually they prevail. Why? Many reasons, one of which is probably
related to K3WW's tribanders vs. monoband stacks. And, FYI this was
my years for winning SOA, at least in CQWW CW. ARRL CW is a little
too close to call before log checking, though I am a bit ahead on
high claimed scores.
73,
Barry, W2UP (also tribanders)

On 2 Jun 2003 ww3s@zoominternet.net wrote:

> Most of the spots now are so busted and with all the worldwide nodes
> connected, it's just about useless now. During a stateside contest, it gets
> flooded with hundreds of talk comments about it being a dx cluster, why all
> the stateside spots; if you dont spot the section during SS you get called
all sorts of names. I may be wrong, but K3WW wins the assisted category just
about every contest he enters yet he's never beat the unassisted guys, has he?
I don't think the advantage is all its perceived to be. I think thats why Chas
calls it "single op distracted"....