[CQ-Contest] RE: [YCCC] 40 meters to be fixed

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: [YCCC] 40 meters to be fixed
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Sat Jul 5 14:22:06 2003
Ah, just in time for the sunspot peak to make 40m our fourth-best HF contest
band. Looks like the compromise will help CW contesting more than it will
help SSB contesting. Once the broadcasters are gone, CW ops could use the
whole 200 KHz, though in practice I would expect a gentleman's agreement to
stop at 7150. For SSB, there will be only 50 KHz of broadcast-free spectrum.
That'll be some crowded space! I wonder if there will be a move to petition
FCC to lower the phone allocation to 7150?

73, Dick WC1M

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2003/07/03/4/?nc=1

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir@designet.com