[CQ-Contest] Signing/verifying QSLs

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Signing/verifying QSLs
From: widelitz@gte.net (Ken Widelitz)
Date: Sat Aug 9 19:06:14 2003
I am blanket QSLing VY2TT QSOs. (I have clearly printed "NO REPLY QSL
NEEDED" on each card, so don't flame me for this practice. It is also an ad
for the PEI DX Lodge and ultimately a time saver given the quantity of cards
that have come in so far.)

I am printing directly on the QSL card. (Using an old Epson Stylus Photo
750, which works fine except if I don't refill blank cards in time, I have
to turn it off and start the print queue again, a major pain, so an Epson
Stylus 820 is on the way - faster, cheaper, better.)

When printing directly on the QSL, what is the conventional wisdom regarding
signing or stamping the card to verify it? My take is that since it is
printed directly on the card, the likelihood of forgery is significantly
reduced and signing/stamping is not necessary.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT