Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Participation in NAQP Contests

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Participation in NAQP Contests
From: "Steve Root" <steve.root@culligan4water.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:58:08 -0000
 John Laney wrote:

> I'd like to see more DX stations enter the NAQP contests (and more DX
> stations in the AP and Eu Sprints too).  It seems to me this change
> would make the contests more enjoying for all participants.

While increased DX participation might be more enjoyable for those in a
position to take advantage of that,  the rest of us most certainly wouldn't
like it.  I happen to like competing in some contests that aren't dominated
by East Coast stations running hordes of Europeans.  We already have
numerous DX contests throughout the season:  CQWW, ARRL, ARRL 10, ARRL 160,
CQWW 160, WPX, etc.

NAQP is very popular as it is, let's not "fix" it.

73 Steve K0SR