re:[CQ-Contest] Re: Sad news: Death today of Jim White, K4OJ

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: re:[CQ-Contest] Re: Sad news: Death today of Jim White, K4OJ
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:07:15 -0500
 I was saddened today to hear about Jim's death.

  I had recently just got to know Jim over the past few years or so from
talking with him in Dayton. We had worked each other for many years but
never had meet in person. His enthusiasm about the FQP was so addicting that I
drove down from Georgia to participate as a rover for the first time last year.
It was pretty neat when we eyeballed each other going in opposite directions on
I-5 in the Tampa area during last years FQP. It was well worth the drive and I
see why W5WMU and others make a return trip every year. Jim was also a great
supporter of the NCJ CW Sprint, and rarely missed one like myself. I have fond
memories of always listening real close when he sent his exchange to see what
type of "wacky" name he was using !!

                   Jeff KU8E