[CQ-Contest] RSGB 80m Contests

To: Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RSGB 80m Contests
From: Dave Lawley <g4buo@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:00:16 -0500
This year, with the aim of encouraging new contesters, RSGB has
introduced a series of short contests on weekday evenings based
around club competition - the more members a club gets to come
on the air, the better they can score. So far the events have been
very well supported, with lots of new callsigns active.

We have had some enquiries from contesters elsewhere in Europe
about these events so I wanted to publicise them on this reflector.
Contacts outside the UK are most welcome though I realise that
80m propagation won't allow QSOs with the majority of reflectorites
who are in the U.S.

You should vist the all-new RSGB HF contests web site
www.rsgbhfcc.org  for full rules but I have listed the contest dates
below. All sessions are 90 minutes long, 20.00-21.30z on 80m.
Maximum power is 100W, or 10W in the QRP category. Exhange is
RS(T) and serial. In order to contribute to the club listing you have
to be a member of an RSGB affiliated society.

Results for each session are published on the web site within a month
of the event, and the rolling club listing is updated at the same time.

The next session is CW this coming Thursday, 3.52-3.57MHz. The
segment 3.55-3.57 is the 'QRS corral' where the less experienced CW
operators can dip their toes in the water.

Dave G4BUO

January   5th-CW, 14th-SSB, 22nd-DATA

February  2nd-SSB, 11th-DATA, 19th-CW.

March  1st-DATA, 10th-CW, 18th-SSB.