Re: [CQ-Contest] Running vs SP (Was Self Spotting)

To: <steve.root@culligan4water.com>, <w9wi@w9wi.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Running vs SP (Was Self Spotting)
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mb.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 10:37:16 -0600
Whenever I see someone suggest the big boys always shut out the smaller
guys, I'm always reminded of the ways I worked KL7Y (WA2GO op.: QRP winner
in 2000 SS) or KG5U (perennial QRP masochist): I called them on their run
frequencies. If QRP guys can run...

I'm also reminded of my success in running, even at 100 watts, into my
pipsqueak MA5B at 30 feet, in the couple years it's been up.

It may not be easy to find a run frequency, but then things that are
worthwhile rarely are easy.

73, kelly
ve4xt