[CQ-Contest] Recuiting women -- a little contrition

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Recuiting women -- a little contrition
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:49:16 -0400
When I made my comment on August 3 about the behavior of a minority making
contesting unattractive to women, I may have mispoken on two points:

1.  The link to an inappropriate picture was probably on a different Reflector
(which is frequented by many of the CQ-Contet crowd).

2.  I am told that the Hooters event at Dayton happened only once.  I thought I
remembered a recurring motif.  Not being willing to research it, I'll have to
demur.  (But, harumpf, it will best if it remains forever a one-time event.)

And in case anybody else missed my point, attitudes which some women will find
disrespectful are certainly NOT the only reason so few women are involved in
contesting.  However, as I was taught when my employers thought they might turn
me into a manager, we do have to eliminate the "productivity inhibitors".

73, Art K3KU