RE: [CQ-Contest] CQ tips and tricks - not

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] CQ tips and tricks - not
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 26 Dec 2004 15:51:33 -0600
On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 18:29, Randy Thompson, K5ZD wrote:
> Why the emphasis on SO2R in this conversation? It is really packet, and its
> use by SOA+MS+MM stations that is making frequencies more difficult to find.
> The packet assisted entries can rely on other s to find the DX - they just
> have to keep CQing.
I wonder if that depends on where in the country you are? - packet isn't
that much of an influence here in the middle of the country but SO2R
definitely is.

But really that's an afterthought as far as I'm concerned.

> Either way, it is a reality of contesting today. Contests are won by who
> makes the most QSOs, which implies the most CQing.
Of course, and really that's nothing new.

My point is, CQing without listening denies someone else the opportunity
to CQ.  IMHO it's much like winning a bicycle race by tripping your
competition - which
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66