[CQ-Contest] CW Sprint vs RTTY Contest QRM

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW Sprint vs RTTY Contest QRM
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:02:51 -0500
  I couldn't help but notice there is another RTTY contest - CQ WW RTTY WPX
Contest (0000Z, Feb 12 to 2400Z, Feb 13 ) scheduled next weekend.  The NA CW
Sprint, which is a very popular contest in
the USA is scheduled 0000-0400z on Saturday night.   How about you RTTY guys
cutting us some slack and don't call CQ low in the band on 40 meters during the
4 hours the Sprint is going on. The NAQP CW contest back in January conflicted
with another RTTY contest and the RTTY QRM made the band almost useless.

 I understand that recently RTTY has become a popular mode , but the NA Sprints
have been around
for almost 30 years on this exact weekend. The sponsors of all the new RTTY
contests should take this into consideration when picking a date for their
contest.  Thanks for your consideration...

 Jeff  KU8E