[CQ-Contest] ARRL/RAC Sections History

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL/RAC Sections History
From: "Ellam, Timothy St. J." <Tellam@MCCARTHY.CA>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:23:23 -0500
RAC created the Newfoundland&Labrador section in 2000 primarily due to
the distance from VO1/2 to the rest of the MAR section.

VE8(NT), VY1(YT) and VY0(NU) are part of the Alberta section, but they
have always been considered a separate entity for most contests.

Tim VE6SH

---------------------------
For a project I am working on, I would like to know when the various
ARRL/RAC sections (http://www.arrl.org/contests/sections.abv.html) have
been created/modified/deleted.  For instance, I know that in 2003, the
"section" covering VE8, VY1, and VY0 was renamed "Northern Territories
(NT)," and in 2000, West Central Florida (WCF) was created.  Northern
New
York and Newfoundland/Labrador are recent additions, but I'm not sure
in which years they were added.  At some point in the past, West Texas
was
created, and Washington was split into Western Washington and Eastern
Washington.  I'm sure there are other changes I'm not thinking of right
now.

     I'd like to have a list of when each of these changes became
effective.
I have not been able to find any such compilation on the web.

     In the absence of a complete list of the changes, I'd really like
understand the VE1, VE9, VY2, VO1, and VO2 section history.  When did
the Maritime-Newfoundland section split into the two sections Maritimes
and
Newfoundland/Labrador?  Is that the only change there has been? or was
Labrador ever treated as a separate section? or did Newfoundland and the

Maritimes used to be separate, were combined, and then separated again?
Reading old contest results has me totally confused.

    If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain
information that is privileged , confidential and/or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. No waiver of privilege, confidence or otherwise is
intended by virtue of communication via the internet. Any unauthorized use,
dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited . If you have received this
e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the
sender  and destroy all copies of this e-mail. Please be aware that internet
communications are subject to the risk of data corruption and other
transmission errors. For information of extraordinary sensitivity, we recommend
that our clients use encryption software when they communicate with us by
e-mail.

By submitting your or another individual's personal information to McCarthy
Tétrault LLP or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you agree, and
confirm your authority from such other individual, to our collection, use and
disclosure of such personal information in accordance with our privacy policy
available at www.mccarthy.ca .

McCarthy Tétrault contact information may be found at
www.mccarthy.ca/en/contactus