[CQ-Contest] FT1000MP blinking frequency display

To: TCG <tcg@k4ro.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FT1000MP blinking frequency display
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 25 Feb 2005 10:29:25 -0600
Left my 'MP monitoring some RTTY activity this morning & went on a bike
ride.  When I got home, the MP was deaf.  Power-cycled it - now the
frequency display blinks.  (and it's still deaf)  Try to go into
transmit and the transmit light blinks too.  About 1Hz.

I've tried disconnecting everything except power and ground, and I've
tried a CPU reset.  (ENT-29-SUB while turning power on)  Doesn't help.

Spinning the VFO causes the displayed frequency to change - but it
continues to blink.

Anyone run into this before?  Can it be fixed in the field?  Or will
there be no W9WI entry in the RTTY NAQP this weekend?

Thanks!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66