Re: [CQ-Contest] W9NA (ex-W9RQM) SK

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] W9NA (ex-W9RQM) SK
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 04 Mar 2005 14:33:15 -0600
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 12:28, Alfred Laun wrote:
> Thanks to Don K8MFO who called my attention to a QRZ.COM item about
> the passing of Reno Goetsch, W9NA on February 25 at the age of 88.

Man, that's a familiar call - and one one hates to see silenced.

I never *met* him in person but we certainly worked enough times over
the years -- most recently in 1995.

Having attended the UW myself, I've known more than a few Wausau hams -
certainly Reno was the most important influence on ham radio in central
Wisconsin.

He'll definitely be missed.
--
Doug Smith W9WI