[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Rules W/VE

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Contest Rules W/VE
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 11:37:20 -0700 (PDT)
I agree with Bob, KQ2M, and have thought so for years.  In makes absolutely no
sense for Ws and VEs to be "competing" in the same category with the different
phone rules on 80/40/20/15.  It wouldn't change the contest to have the Ws and
VEs be competing in sep categories any more than High Power or Low power.  Keep
the format (W/VE works DX) just accept that it isn't fair to be able to run EU
on 7090 or 14145 when most if the rest of your competitors can't.  If you think
it is, then think about what your response would be if I petitioned the FCC to
get temporary permission to transmit phone from 7040 - 7100 and was the only W
with such permission going into the 2006 ARRL DX Phone contest.  Should I be
banned from competing if I use this advantage?  Of course.  Its no different
here.

Don't constrain the VE's from using their more liberal phone privledges (never
understood why they can do that in our region anyway), just accept it and
accomidate in the rules.  Otherwise, might as well add WP2Z and KH7X to the
W/VE category as well.

Ed  N1UR