Re: [CQ-Contest] Reminder: ES OPEN this Saturday on 40 and 80 meters

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Reminder: ES OPEN this Saturday on 40 and 80 meters
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:33:47 +0100
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>

> ES OPEN HF Championship will take place this Saturday, ....
.
.
.
> Let me know if you have some very clever solutions for other logging
> programs - I would very much appreciate!

SD directly supports this event.  It runs on any Windows PC and is
freeware from www.ei5di.com.

SD Setup:

Select Type 9 : General, Country Multipliers.

Multipliers Count   :  B (by band)
Points per QSO      :  0 (variable)
Pts/Bonus           :  0 (multipliers)
Points vary by mode :  Y
            by band :  N
        by location :  N
Points - CW         :  2
Points - SSB        :  1
Mode                :  SSB or CW (your mode now)
Mixed-Mode?         :  Y/N (your choice)
If Yes:
   Mults count on
   both modes       :  Y
   Work same station
   on both modes    :  Y

Now - here's the important bit.  At the end of each clock hour,
use the SETDUPE command to reset dupe checking.  This way, you
can log each station up to 4 times (once per hour) on each band
(40 and 80m) and each mode (if mixed).  Do not restart SD during
the contest - this may disturb dupe checking.

After the contest, use SDCHECK Option 1 to create your Cabrillo
.LOG file. Rename it to yourcall.LOG and email it, as an attached
file, to esopen@erau.ee.

Note to Estonian entrants:  Remove your own call-area record from
ESTONIA.CTY before the contest, otherwise SD will count own-area
QSOs as potential multipliers.

73,
Paul EI5DI