Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Forum Rooms for DX/Contesting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Dayton Forum Rooms for DX/Contesting
From: K1AR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:26:03 EDT

In a message dated 4/27/2005 8:17:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
k5zm@comcast.net writes:

Ya know,  I've been a ham for 30 year now (yikes!) and a semi-serious
contester on  and off for perhaps the last 10 or so. This marks the very
first time my  schedule is permitting me to make Dayton and I want everyone
-including  those who made such unpopular and unfortunate decisions  regarding
Dayton/ARRL logistics this year- that I'm truly beginning to  wonder if I'm
going to come away from this experience with anything  resembling a desire to

Ian, K5ZM..   Catch me this year as it may be your only shot ;)

All--

This is really easy. For a very long time, and even when the Contesting and
Antenna forums had "real rooms," the HARA venue was and is a dump -- pure and
simple. Frankly, it doesn't matter who did what to whom in the
planning/logistics process; the bottom line is that K1DG and K3LR have secured
a  great
location at the Crowne Plaza for our favorite forums that is down the  hall
from
the contest dinner and evening suites.

So, Saturday's scenario has now become: 1) wake up; 2) have a nice  breakfast
upstairs; 3) attend antenna forum; 4) take a break and have a quick  sandwich
somewhere; 5) attend contest forum; 6) go get cleaned up for dinner; 7)  do
the suites; 8) head to airport the next morning. In my book, that sure sounds
like a winner! No HARA, no smelly hams, no sucky AV, comfortable seating for
all, no hassle getting to and from a place you don't want to be at anyway,
etc.

Ian (and others) -- this will be one of the best Dayton events ever! Lucky
you to have it be your first.

My two cents.

73 John, K1AR