Re: [CQ-Contest] UBN

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] UBN
From: Fabian Kurz <lists@telegraphy.de>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:05:40 +0200
Jim Cain wrote:
> In the 2004 CQ WW CW, my version of CT would not recognize TO4A, so
> I entered it as FM/TO4A to keep track of multipliers. I submitted
> the log that way instead of removing the "FM/" and lost four Qs
> and four multipliers. Live and learn.

Same stupidity happened to me, and 48 others, since the UBN indicates
that FM/TO4A showed up in 49 logs. For the next time: Enter TO4=FM in
the CT entry line and the DXCC will be assigned "on the fly".

Even though I know this now, I still think that nonstandard callsigns
are highly annoying.

Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * Dresden, Germany * http://fkurz.net/